Job ID: POS-6121
Job Title: Sr. Cloud Engineer
Primary Skill: AWS, IaC, Terraform, Python or Shell, Git, GitLab, experience in cloud platform engineering and cloud operations.
Experience: 7+ years
We are seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer with expertise in cloud migration, platform engineering, and cloud operations. Our organization is currently engaged in a significant cloud transformation project, and we are poised to provide essential services in cloud migration, platform engineering, and cloud operations to one of our largest clients.
Know your team:
Digital and Cloud Solutions LoB is a major contributor to our growth. ValueMomentum provides expert assistance to leading insurance, banking, and healthcare companies for speedy and successful transformation journeys. The Digital & Cloud Solutions team helps in applying digital technologies to create best-in-class customer experiences by seamless orchestration across ecosystems and enhancing operational performance. The service offerings of Digital & Cloud services include App Development, App Modernization, Cloud & Infrastructure Services, and Leveraging ITSM Automation. With matured service offerings focusing on tools and automation and being a partner of choice for our customers and prospects as we move into our growth path, your contribution to this LOB would be critical.
As a Sr. Cloud Engineer, your day-to-day work activities will be as follows:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess, plan, and execute cloud migration strategies.
- Design and implement scalable and efficient cloud-based platforms.
- Manage and optimize cloud infrastructure, ensuring high availability and performance.
- Automate routine tasks and processes to enhance operational efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex cloud-related issues.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and emerging cloud technologies.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- Participate in on-call rotation for 24/7 support, as needed.
- Monitor and optimize AWS resources for cost and performance.
- Investigate and resolve production incidents, perform root cause analysis, and implement preventative measures to minimize future occurrences.
- Documentation and knowledge transition for cross-functional teams.
Candidates are required to have these mandatory skills:
- Proven experience in cloud migration, platform engineering, and cloud operations.
- Expertise in AWS cloud platform especially core AWS services such as IAM, VPC, Internet & NAT gateway, Route53, EC2, Load balancer, Autoscaling, RDS, Redshift, S3, Lambda, Fargate, SNS, SQS, Sage maker, CloudWatch, Kinesis, ECS and EKS.
- Sloid experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Strong scripting and automation skills (e.g., Python, PowerShell).
- Build and support CI/CD pipelines using tools like GitLab, Jenkins..etc
- Proficiency in containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Solid understanding of networking and security principles in a cloud environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative team setting.
- Experience in maintaining and performing backup, patching and DR events and exercises.
Desired Skill Set:
Candidates having these extra skills on their resumes have an added advantage:
- Experience with packer, Hashicorp vault is a plus.
- Experience with application engineering is a plus.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Terraform…etc) are a plus.
- Experience with Linux and Windows administration
- Experience with Terraform enterprise.
- Experience with GitLab is a plus.
About the Company:
Headquartered in New Jersey, US, ValueMomentum is the largest standalone provider of IT Services and Solutions to Insurers and Financial Services firms. Our industry focus, expertise in technology backed by R&D, and our customer-first approach uniquely position us to deliver the value we promise and drive momentum to our customers’ initiatives. ValueMomentum is amongst the top 10 insurance-focused IT services firms in North America by number of customers. Leading Insurance and Financial Services firms trust ValueMomentum with their Digital, Data, Core, and IT Transformation initiatives.
We at ValueMomentum offer you the opportunity to grow by working alongside the experts. Some of the benefits you can avail are:
- Competitive compensation package comparable to the best in the industry.
- Career Advancement: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development.
- Comprehensive training and certification programs.
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Benefits: Comprehensive health benefits, wellness and fitness programs. Paid time off and holidays.
- Culture: A highly transparent organization with an open-door policy and a vibrant culture