Job ID: POS-6121
Job Title: Senior CloudOps Engineer
Primary Skill: PostgreSQL, Lambda functions, DB Upgrades, Monitoring, Support.
Experience: 6 – 11 years
We are seeking a Senior CloudOps Engineer well versed with AWS well architecture pillars and expertise across AWS Cloud Services (Compute, Storage, Networking, Backups, Governance, Optimization with hands-on knowledge PostgreSQL, DB upgrades, along with day-to-day cloud operations. Our organization is currently engaged in a significant cloud transformation project, and we are poised to provide essential services in cloud migration, platform engineering, and cloud operations to one of our largest clients.
Know your team:
Digital and Cloud Solutions LoB is a major contributor to our growth. ValueMomentum provides expert assistance to leading insurance, banking, and healthcare companies for speedy and successful transformation journeys. The Digital & Cloud Solutions team helps in applying digital technologies to create best-in-class customer experiences by seamless orchestration across ecosystems and enhancing operational performance. The service offerings of Digital & Cloud services include App Development, App Modernization, Cloud & Infrastructure Services, and Leveraging ITSM Automation. With matured service offerings focusing on tools and automation and being a partner of choice for our customers and prospects as we move into our growth path, your contribution to this LOB would be critical.
As a Sr. CloudOps Engineer, your day-to-day work activities will be as follows:
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards for code quality and thoughtful design.
- Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected framework
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Manage user onboarding, IAM users, roles, IAM policies.
- Be in charge of the cloud operations- servers and database management, DB upgrades, backup management, AMI lifecycle, server hardening, patching, package vulnerability, etc.
- Monitoring logs and alerts, incident management and response
- Provide comprehensive systems administration functions on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure to include support of AWS products such as: EC2 Compute, ELB, Auto Scaling, S3 Storage, Relational Database Service (RDS), AWS Lambda, AWS Step Function, API Gateway, AWS Networking & Content delivery (VPC, Route 53, etc.) Identity & Access Management, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, AWS Config, Cloud Formation, Key Management and more.
Candidates are required to have these mandatory skills:
- Proven experience (typically 5+ years) working as a CloudOps Engineer or in a similar role on the AWS platform.
- Experience with DB upgrades, server hardening, patch management
- Experience with system administration of VPC, Transit Gateway, Site-to-Site VPN, CloudFront, S3, API Gateway, Lambda, AWS managed AD, RDS
- Experience with RDS PostgreSQL or similar database engine administration
Desired Skill Set:
Candidates having these extra skills on their resumes have an added advantage:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, information technology
- AWS Certification
About the Company:
Headquartered in New Jersey, US, ValueMomentum is the largest standalone provider of IT Services and Solutions to Insurers and Financial Services firms. Our industry focus, expertise in technology backed by R&D, and our customer-first approach uniquely position us to deliver the value we promise and drive momentum to our customers’ initiatives. ValueMomentum is amongst the top 10 insurance-focused IT services firms in North America by number of customers. Leading Insurance and Financial Services firms trust ValueMomentum with their Digital, Data, Core, and IT Transformation initiatives.
We at ValueMomentum offer you the opportunity to grow by working alongside the experts. Some of the benefits you can avail are:
- Competitive compensation package comparable to the best in the industry.
- Career Advancement: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development.
- Comprehensive training and certification programs.
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Benefits: Comprehensive health benefits, wellness and fitness programs. Paid time off and holidays.
- Culture: A highly transparent organization with an open-door policy and a vibrant culture