Job ID: POS-5894
Job Title: Cloud Data Engineer
Primary Skill: Big Data, AWS, SQL
Experience: 6 – 9 years
ValueMomentum is looking for a Cloud Data Engineer to join our growing DataLeverage team. You will work on creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture. The primary focus will be on building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies. You will be responsible for fully automating the manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
At ValueMomentum, we endorse a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You will be exposed to advanced tools, technologies, methodologies, and best practices to help you develop your skills and grow in your career.
Know your team:
ValueMomentum’s Data Leverage (DL) team is trusted by leading Insurance, financial services, and healthcare payers to empower businesses with real-time insights. The DL team is focused on helping our customers modernize data infrastructure, create effective business intelligence capabilities and develop analytics models to generate business driven insights and outcomes. DL team provides a wide range of capabilities to our customers including advisory services, strategy consulting, data engineering, data management, data governance, BI and Analytics.
As a Cloud Data Engineer, your day-to-day work activities will be as follows:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root causes, fix document problems, and implement preventive measures.
Candidates are required to have these mandatory skills:
- Proven work experience as a Cloud Data Engineer with 5+ years of experience
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience in building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Aurora Postgres and Amazon Dynamo DB
- Experience with AWS services such as Lake Formation, Kinesis, Firehose, Data Pipeline, Lambda, Glue, Athena
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
Desired Skill Set:
Candidates having these extra skills on their resumes have an added advantage:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, information technology
- AWS Certification
About the Company:
Headquartered in New Jersey, US, ValueMomentum is the largest standalone provider of IT Services and Solutions to Insurers and Financial Services firms. Our industry focus, expertise in technology backed by R&D, and our customer-first approach uniquely position us to deliver the value we promise and drive momentum to our customers’ initiatives. ValueMomentum is amongst the top 10 insurance-focused IT services firms in North America by number of customers. Leading Insurance and Financial Services firms trust ValueMomentum with their Digital, Data, Core, and IT Transformation initiatives.
We at ValueMomentum offer you the opportunity to grow by working alongside the experts. Some of the benefits you can avail are:
- Competitive compensation package comparable to the best in the industry.
- Career Advancement: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development.
- Comprehensive training and certification programs.
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Benefits: Comprehensive health benefits, wellness and fitness programs. Paid time off and holidays.
- Culture: A highly transparent organization with an open-door policy and a vibrant culture