Job ID: POS-4496
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – UI Developer
Primary Skill: Java, J2EE, Full stack
Experience: 3-6 years
Are you looking forward to leading a team of software developers and taking on the challenge of solving complex business problems? If so, here is the chance. With your in-depth technical knowledge and expertise, you are regarded as a problem-solver, as you produce, test and debug codes. You guide engineers and developers in following the software development best practices. Join our team and lead the way to change!
Know your team:
Digital and Cloud Solutions LoB is a major contributor to our growth. ValueMomentum provides expert assistance to leading insurance, banking, and healthcare companies for speedy and successful transformation journeys. The Digital & Cloud Solutions team helps in applying digital technologies to create best-in-class customer experiences by seamless orchestration across ecosystems and enhancing operational performance. The service offerings of Digital & Cloud services include App Development, App Modernization, Cloud & Infrastructure Services, and Leveraging ITSM Automation. With matured service offerings focusing on tools and automation and being a partner of choice for our customers and prospects as we move into our growth path, your contribution to this LOB would be critical.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your day-to-day work activities will be as follows:
- 3+ years’ experience in Java-J2EE Development
- Experience working with and applying Design patterns to solve problems.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- Evaluating business requirements, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Work on modules of the project under development under guidance of Tech Lead
- Flexible in working under changing and different work settings.
- Maintain high team morale.
- Adhere to company and project standards and guidelines.
- Accurate time accounting and reporting of own work. Promptly escalate issues, which affect product delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence and report same to reporting manager.
- Pay high attention to detail in all work.
- Quality, on time delivery of agreed deliver
Candidates are required to have these mandatory skills:
- A bachelor’s degree or related field or an MCA.
- Extensive technical experience and development expertise in Core Java, J2EE, Weblogic, Web Services – REST API, Usage of Spring MVC, Struts
- Experience in Swagger tool and Postman for API documentation and verification
- Sound knowledge in any Database. Preferably Oracle SQL/PL SQL.
- Possess advanced knowledge of object-oriented design and development (OOA/OOD)
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Desired Skill Set:
Candidates with these extra skills on their resumes have an added advantage while getting their profile assessed:
- Insurance domain knowledge.
- Sound Knowledge of unit testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Knowledge of Agile process and practices.
About the Company:
ValueMomentum is amongst the fastest growing insurance-focused IT services providers in North America. Leading insurers trust ValueMomentum with their core, digital and data transformation initiatives. Having grown consistently every year by 24%, we have now grown to over 4000 employees. ValueMomentum is committed to integrity and to ensuring that each team and employee is successful. We foster an open work culture where employees’ opinions are valued. We believe in teamwork and cultivate a sense of fun, fellowship, and pride among our employees.
We at ValueMomentum offer you the opportunity to grow by working alongside the experts. Some of the benefits you can avail of are:
- Career Advancement Guidance: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development in a global and diverse work environment.
- Training (functional & technical), mentorship, valuable professional qualification, and certifications
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback, and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Comprehensive health & wellness benefits. Paid time off and holidays.