Job ID: POS-4496
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – UI Developer
Primary Skill: Java, J2EE, Full stack
Experience: 3-6 years
Are you looking forward to leading a team of software developers and taking on the challenge of solving complex business problems? If so, here is the chance. With your in-depth technical knowledge and expertise, you are regarded as a problem-solver, as you produce, test and debug codes. You guide engineers and developers in following the software development best practices. Join our team and lead the way to change!
Know your team:
Digital and Cloud Solutions LoB is a major contributor to our growth. ValueMomentum provides expert assistance to leading insurance, banking, and healthcare companies for speedy and successful transformation journeys. The Digital & Cloud Solutions team helps in applying digital technologies to create best-in-class customer experiences by seamless orchestration across ecosystems and enhancing operational performance. The service offerings of Digital & Cloud services include App Development, App Modernization, Cloud & Infrastructure Services, and Leveraging ITSM Automation. With matured service offerings focusing on tools and automation and being a partner of choice for our customers and prospects as we move into our growth path, your contribution to this LOB would be critical.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your day-to-day work activities will be as follows:
- 3+ years’ experience in Java-J2EE Development
- Experience working with and applying Design patterns to solve problems.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
- Evaluating business requirements, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Work on modules of the project under development under guidance of Tech Lead
- Flexible in working under changing and different work settings.
- Maintain high team morale.
- Adhere to company and project standards and guidelines.
- Accurate time accounting and reporting of own work. Promptly escalate issues, which affect product delivery and quality that are beyond scope of influence and report same to reporting manager.
- Pay high attention to detail in all work.
- Quality, on time delivery of agreed deliver
Candidates are required to have these mandatory skills:
- A bachelor’s degree or related field or an MCA.
- Extensive technical experience and development expertise in Core Java, J2EE, Weblogic, Web Services – REST API, Usage of Spring MVC, Struts
- Experience in Swagger tool and Postman for API documentation and verification
- Sound knowledge in any Database. Preferably Oracle SQL/PL SQL.
- Possess advanced knowledge of object-oriented design and development (OOA/OOD)
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Desired Skill Set:
Candidates with these extra skills on their resumes have an added advantage while getting their profile assessed:
- Insurance domain knowledge.
- Sound Knowledge of unit testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Knowledge of Agile process and practices.
About the Company:
Headquartered in New Jersey, US, ValueMomentum is the largest standalone provider of IT Services and Solutions to Insurers and Financial Services firms. Our industry focus, expertise in technology backed by R&D, and our customer-first approach uniquely position us to deliver the value we promise and drive momentum to our customers’ initiatives. ValueMomentum is amongst the top 10 insurance-focused IT services firms in North America by number of customers. Leading Insurance and Financial Services firms trust ValueMomentum with their Digital, Data, Core, and IT Transformation initiatives.
We at ValueMomentum offer you a congenial environment to work and grow in the company of experienced professionals. Some benefits that are available to you are:
- Competitive compensation package comparable to the best in the industry.
- Career Advancement: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development.
- Comprehensive training and certification programs.
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Benefits: Comprehensive health benefits, wellness and fitness programs. Paid time off and holidays.
- Culture: A highly transparent organization with an open-door policy and a vibrant culture