Job ID: POS-4605
Job Title: Technical Lead – SQL DBA
Primary Skill: MYSQL
Experience: 8-11 years
Are you a Technical Leader with expertise in SQL suite of products and possessing an ability to guide a team of analysts and developers to deliver a mid-to-large scale project? If yes, we have exciting opportunity for you!
ValueMomentum is seeking a bright and talented Technical Leader to join our Digital and Cloud technologies team to support implementation of SQL DBA suite of products.
Know your team:
If you live and breathe digital, we have an exciting and challenging position to offer to you with ValueMomentum’s Digital and Cloud services team. By joining our digital transformation team, you will have an opportunity to disrupt the banking, financial services and insurance industry. We are looking for a consumption specialist who will be responsible for monitoring Azure consumption overages. In this role, you will be responsible for pro-actively monitor systems and identify if there are any performance issues. If you are a technology expert, with a desire to provide potential customers with the best customer experience, this is the right challenge for you.
As a Technical Lead – SQL DBA, your day-to-day work activities will be as follows:
- Responsible for physical database architecture and design, capacity planning development, implementation, and support of the applications from a database perspective.
- Good Understanding SQL Server Architecture
- Good at Writing PowerShell scripts for automations and T-SQL complex queries
- In Depth Technical working experience on Always on High Availability, performance tuning, Query Store.
- Join and drive bridge calls to troubleshoot and fix serious and Major incidents.
- Will be a part of ongoing operations work involves administration, maintenance operations, support, upgradation migration activities and managing the infrastructure. Working under pressure in production environments running production customer workloads and series.
- Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications is a MUST.
- Provide day to day support of high OLTP HA of SQL Server databases Identify root causes of production problems and work with developers to resolve such problems.
- Proactively identify and communicate potential problems and issues to project team members/leaders.
- Conduct SQL Code Reviews to ensure coding standards, best practices and avoid potential performance issues.
- Work on writing custom stored procedures, T-SQL queries, PowerShell scripts, views and trigger based on requirement for DB maintenance and automate asks.
- Troubleshoot the performance issue at server level as well as query level.
- Troubleshoot locking issues, inducing deadlocks, blocking, lock timeouts, any other recurring problems and put a permanent fix.
The incumbent must have :–
- Have an overall work experience ranging between 7-12 years, with at least 5 years of Guidewire PolicyCenter, BillingCenter or ClaimCenter implementation experience, solution design, configuration, extension, customization and post live support experience.
- Have a ‘differentiator’ mindset – a practitioner who contributes to asset creation and build the competency/team.
- Have a deep insight into the SDLC and strong understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of application development projects involving the implementation of complex business rules.
- Have proven technical experience in requirement analysis, detailed designs and implementation activities required to ensure the development, integration and long-term maintenance of applications.
- Expertise in configuration and development of various areas of Guidewire – Transactions, Job configuration,
- Experience in implementing multiple LOBs, Forms Management, Administration, Account Management, Contacts and so on.
- Configure, build & develop Guidewire components using GOSU, Wizards, PCF, Data Model, Workflow, Activities, Product Designer etc.
- Have previous experience with using XML, GUnit, Jenkins / GIT /TFS etc., any code coverage or code scanning tools like SonarQube.
- Have previous experience in using app servers like IBM WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, TomCat etc.
- Have previous experience in using DB Servers like SQL, Oracle or DB2
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Guidewire Certification preferred.
Desired Skill Set:
Candidates with these extra skills on their resumes have an added advantage while getting their profile assessed. Some of them are as follows:
- This Position requires 8+ years of Experience in SQL Server App DBA with Administrative Tasks
- This position requires the candidate to provide scalability, high availability, migration, and consolidation experts on the Microsoft SQL Server platform. strong experience on MSSQL with Cloud (IAAS, PAAS) & Oracle MySQL/Mango DB/PostgreSQL.
- Should be a self-starter with strong leadership, professionalism, and responsible qualities. Lead/Specialist who can do end to end work
- This position requires the ability to work well with aggressive deadlines and minimal supervision.
- Design, write and deliver automation scripts such as PowerShell Linux/Unix/Shell Scripting
- Must be able to communicate technical scenarios at both a high-level and detail level, as is required by the audience.
- Must be willing to take ownership of issues and resolve them with a sense of urgency.
- MCDBA track certifications are required: SQL MVP status is big plus. Should serve as a recognized expert in the company.
- Flexible for 24/7 shifts.
About the Company:
Headquartered in New Jersey, US, ValueMomentum is one of the fastest growing software & solutions firm focused in the Insurance, Healthcare and Financial Services domain. Our industry focus, expertise in technology backed by R&D and our customer-first approach uniquely position us to deliver the value we promise and drive momentum to our customers’ initiatives. ValueMomentum is amongst the top 10 insurance-focused IT services firms in North America in terms of number of customers. Leading insurers, banks and healthcare firms trust ValueMomentum with their core transformation and digital transformation initiatives.
We at ValueMomentum offer you the opportunity to grow by working alongside the experts. Some benefits that are available to you are:
- Competitive compensation package comparable to the best in the industry.
- Career Advancement: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development.
- Comprehensive training and certification programs.
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Benefits: Comprehensive health benefits, wellness and fitness programs. Paid time off and holidays.
- Culture: A highly transparent organization with an open-door policy and a vibrant culture