Job ID: POS-3564
Job Title: Technical Lead-Power Bi
Primary Skill: Power Bi, Data Modeling,
Experience: 7-8 years
Overview of the position:
Are you interested in leading a team with your leadership skills and passion for delivering high quality software solutions? Grab this opportunity to lead a team with your technical vision! As a technical lead, you will apply your technical expertise to the project to ensure its success. Successful projects have a positive impact on a company. Join us to fast-track your career in a rapidly growing organization and see how your contributions have an impact on the company’s growth.
Know your team:
The V8 LOB – Market Solutions Group is a business unit that delivers cloud-based solutions to Small and Medium Insurance carriers and MGAs using ValueMomentum’s Product offerings – iFoundry and BizDynamics. The project teams working in this LOB work closely with LOB Market Solutions and Product Engineering teams to deliver solutions as per ValueMomentum’s standards.
As a technical lead, you are responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Design and implement low-latency, highly available BI analytics solutions.
- Fine tune performance and automation as per product needs.
- Demonstrate expertise to initiate and drive discussions with stakeholders to identify business issues needing analytic solutions.
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and support production issue resolution as well as product enhancements.
- Establishes brand and team as a subject matter expert in Power BI across departments.
Candidates are required to have these mandatory skills:
- An ideal candidate should have a good academic background with at least a B.E./B. Tech degree in computer science engineering with years of 7-8 overall work experience.
- Previous experience as Power BI Lead for 3-5 years in Power BI.
- Experience in working on reports authoring, validation, and publishing Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service and Power BI Premium.
- Experience in creating BI dashboard visualizations including Stacked bar, Pie, Donut, and Slicers etc.
- Experience in creating paginated Power BI Desktop reports.
- Experience in writing complex DAX functions in Power BI Desktop reports.
- Experience in creating reports from different sources such as SQL Server, Flat Files, JSON, No-SQL DBs, and Azure application insights.
- Experience in Import, Direct Query, and Live Connection modes in Power BI.
- Experience in creating workspace group and Scheduling reports in Power BI Service.
- Experience in publishing the reports in Power BI Report Server or enterprise portals.
- Experience in BI semantic modelling.
- Experience in advances Power BI concepts such as Analyse in Excel, Q&A, etc.
- Experience in BI governance process for multi-tenant environments.
- Experience in integrating Power BI with Azure AD.
- Hands-on knowledge of best practices in BI reports development, testing and deployment.
- Candidate must have excellent communications skills.
Candidates having these extra skills on their resumes are an added advantage:
- Preference for experience in Azure DevOps, CI/CD release process for Power BI services.
- Exposure to configuring report level and row level access controls.
- Exposure to Azure Analysis Services.
- Exposure to BI analytics on operational data store, relational data warehouse and data lake sources.
- Domain exposure to anyone of these industries: Insurance, Banking/Mortgage, Healthcare.
About the Company:
ValueMomentum is amongst the fastest growing insurance-focused IT services providers in North America. Leading insurers trust ValueMomentum with their core, digital and data transformation initiatives. With a consistent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24%, we have now grown to over 4000 employees. ValueMomentum is committed to integrity and to ensuring that each team and employee is successful. We foster an open work culture where employees’ opinions are valued. We believe in teamwork and cultivate a sense of fun, fellowship, and pride among our employees.
We at ValueMomentum offer you the opportunity to grow by working alongside the experts. Some of the benefits you can avail are:
- Career Advancement Guidance: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development in a global and diverse work environment.
- Training (functional & technical), mentorship, valuable professional qualification, and certifications
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback, and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Comprehensive health & wellness benefits. Paid time off and holidays.
Interested candidates who fulfill requirements can apply for the role with their updated CVs here. Candidates are requested to be aware of the Fraudulent Job Scams under our name.