Job ID: POS-6263
Job Title: Software Engineer
Primary Skill: DataStage, Unix and SQL
Location: Hyderabad / Pune / Coimbatore
ValueMomentum provides software and services to Insurance, Healthcare & Financial service firms and delivers value to their initiatives by applying a time-tested formula of combining strong technology expertise with modern industry standards!
Know your team:
ValueMomentum’s Data Leverage (DL) team is trusted by leading insurance, financial services, and healthcare payers to empower businesses with real-time insights. The DL team is focussed on helping our customers modernize data infrastructure, create effective business intelligence capabilities and develop analytics models to generate business driven insights and outcomes. DL team provides a wide range of capabilities to our customers including advisory services, strategy consulting, data engineering, data management, data governance, BI and Analytics.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Understanding the Business requirements of the project.
- Mainframe Team generate the file in S3 system. Apply the transformation logic with the help of DataStage and load into the redshift system.
- Imported table/file definitions into the DataStage repository.
- Extracting data from sources like oracle, flat files and transforming them using business logic and loading the data to the Data warehouse.
- Overall experience of 4+ years in DW/ BI technologies and development experience in ETL DataStage 11.x tool.
- Worked extensively in parallel jobs, sequences and preferably in routines.
- Analyse business requirements as they relate to the ETL process, research, evaluate and recommend alternative solutions.
- Good conceptual knowledge on data- warehouse and various methodologies.
- Transform business requirements into technical requirement documents.
- Strong SQL database skills in Sql server and other databases like Oracle.
- Working knowledge in UNIX commands.
- If they are working DataStage 11.7 that is more benefit.
- Required for Cloud related stages (AWS S3 and Redshift)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good to have on cloud technologies.
- Experience in IBM cloud pack.
- Experience in shell script.
- Knowledge on production support activity.
- Know on SSIS Mast package, Data flows and debug skills.
About the Company:
ValueMomentum is amongst the fastest growing insurance-focused IT services providers in North America. Leading insurers trust ValueMomentum with their core, digital and data transformation initiatives. With a consistent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24%, we have now grown to over 4000 employees. ValueMomentum is committed to integrity and to ensuring that each team and employee is successful. We foster an open work culture where employees’ opinions are valued. We believe in teamwork and cultivate a sense of fun, fellowship, and pride among our employees.
We at ValueMomentum offer you a congenial environment to work and grow in the company of experienced professionals. Some benefits that are available to you are:
- Career Advancement: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development.
- Comprehensive training and certification programs.
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Benefits: Comprehensive health benefits, wellness and fitness programs. Paid time off and holidays.
- Culture: A highly transparent organization with an open-door policy and a vibrant culture