Job ID:POS – 3882
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer – Azure Databricks (ADB)
Primary Skill: Azure Databricks, PySpark, SparkSQL, SQL, XML, JSON
Experience: 5-7 years
We are looking for a Data Engineer who is passionate about building enterprise-grade data solutions in an agile development environment. You should be able to design testable, scalable, and quality code in accordance with clean code principles and company code ethics. You should be able to analyses user requirements and design, develop, and install software systems to meet those needs. You are supposed to have good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and good insight into software systems by understanding the interactions and dependencies among different components
Know your team:
The V8 LOB – Market Solutions Group is a business unit that delivers cloud-based solutions to Small and Medium Insurance carriers and MGAs using ValueMomentum’s Product offerings – iFoundry and BizDynamics. The project teams working in this LOB work closely with LOB Market Solutions and Product Engineering teams to deliver solutions as per ValueMomentum’s standards.
As a Senior Software Engineer, your day-to-day activities and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Serve as a technical lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members
- Design, develop, modify, implement, and support software components anywhere in the software stack
- Determine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient, and permanent technical solutions
- Remain current on new technologies, evaluate, and make recommendations as necessary.
- Assist in task planning, estimation, and scheduling
- Mentor Software Engineers and help them enhance their skill and help develop knowledge through advice, coaching, and training opportunities
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management
- Write, modify, and debug software for client applications
- Remain cool and effective in crisis situations
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
Candidates are required to have these mandatory skills :
- An ideal candidate should have a good academic background with at least a B.E./B. Tech degree in computer science engineering with 5-7 years of work experience.
- Excellent hands-on experience in Azure Databricks and Python – Spark libraries such as: PySpark, and SparkSQL
- Excellent prior experience in extracting, transforming, and loading data from various sources such as: SQL, XML, JSON, Excel/CSV etc.
- Knowledge in data security and debugging, troubleshooting the Azure data solutions.
- Hands-on experience working with large scale data and analytics platforms – including data warehouses, database, data storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques, and technologies, with the ability to apply such methods to solve business problems.
- Knowledge of best practices in data infrastructure, modelling, integration, warehousing, performance optimization, security, governance, and analytics. ➢ Candidate should be having good communications skills
Candidates having these extra skills on their resumes are an added advantage:
- Preference would be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following: Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Snowflake, Statistical methods, and Advanced Analytics.
- Preference for prior experience in Azure Synapse or Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Preference for certified Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate.
- Domain exposure in Banking, Mortgage, Insurance or Healthcare industry.
About the Company:
ValueMomentum is amongst the fastest growing insurance-focused IT services providers in North America. Leading insurers trust ValueMomentum with their core, digital and data transformation initiatives. With a consistent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24%, we have now grown to over 4000 employees. ValueMomentum is committed to integrity and to ensuring that each team and employee is successful. We foster an open work culture where employees’ opinions are valued. We believe in teamwork and cultivate a sense of fun, fellowship, and pride among our employees.
We at ValueMomentum offer you the opportunity to grow by working alongside the experts. Some of the benefits you can avail are:
- Career Advancement Guidance: Individual Career Development, coaching and mentoring programs for professional and leadership skill development in a global and diverse work environment.
- Training (functional & technical), mentorship, valuable professional qualification, and certifications
- Performance Management: Goal Setting, continuous feedback, and year-end appraisal. Reward & recognition for the extraordinary performers.
- Comprehensive health & wellness benefits. Paid time off and holidays.
Interested candidates who fulfill requirements can apply for the role with their updated CVs here. Candidates are requested to be aware of the Fraudulent Job Scams under our name.